MaestroKen's Blog

Wednesday, October 13, 2004

OK, let's catch up here.

So as we catch up on the life of the Ken. I saw Flogging Molly. The show was awesome. They didn't focus too much on the new album but didn't forget it either. I'd say a good mix of 6 songs off the three albums. Sadly they didn't play Delilah, I assume that's out of the mix, although they did do the amazing extended version of Black Friday Rule. Also on the show were opening acts that were decent but nothing you need to jump out and buy. The tour is a Punkvoter.com tour. This meant between the openers and Flogging Molly we got shown a twenty minute liberal propaganda piece hosted by Jello Biafria. Usual propaganda piece that you would see from anyone dealing you propaganda, and of course the monkeys cheered and hooted and were the good monkeys they were expected to be. It did nothing for me, although it did include the Will Ferrel GWB impersonation by the fence that's pretty funny.

Saturday was lots of unpacking, and I finally got to see some college football. I watched the first quarter of the Wisconsin vs. Ohio State game. Then I watched the Purdue vs. Penn State game. Twas a nailbiter and it's good to get a close game under our belts and to know we can survive under the pressure. A great quote coming out of the game came from Brock Spack the Boiler's defensive coordinator about Kyle Orton sadly throwing his first interception of the year,

"I said, 'Finally, yes, yes,' to our guys," Spack told the Indianapolis Star. "I started jumping up and down. I said, 'Finally, he threw an interception and we need to make sure we get him out of a jam.' We had not had this opportunity. It was great."

So sadly yes Kyle threw an interception, but the team moved up to Number Five in both Polls. Also Kyle's still leading the Heisman race, and Taylor Stubblefield broke the Big Ten Receptions record. He should get the overall record in a few weeks.
After the game we ran out and made some returns of things and bought some more groceries.

Sunday woke up to make a good breakfast from the groceries we bought the night before. Sara ran to her parent's house to feed the cats, since they were away for the weekend, and I ran to Home Depot to buy a doorbell, since they were closed when I tried to the night before. Get home put up the foyer mirror/coat hook thing, and start on the doorbell. Sara gets home and I drop everything, since we want to get some furniture shopping in before heading to my buddy John's house. So we're looking for bedroom dressers and a computer desk/armoire that will hold both of our computers. We run to a few places and they don't really have what we want, and then go to Dania. We find some dressers we like, and decide we'll buy them later in a week or two. (Here they are armoire, longer dresser, taller dresser) Then realize we're late for my buddy John's house. We visit there for a bit (it was a prepaid legal sales/seller recruiting thing) then we cut out because we're running to IKEA to return some things and look for computer desk/table/armoire. Well dumbass me forgot the receipts (I have been very absent minded) so sadly I forsaw myself going back to IKEA again in the future. So we look around for a while, and admire the Kitchen Island we'll eventually be getting. We actually found something that would work for the computers. I had long been an advocate of just getting a big long table for it. There'd be room to work on it, and room for two computers on it. She'd been wanting armoirs or something to hide them away. I had no problem with the armoirs other than they're extremely expensive. Well we found ones that work, aren't too expensive and we both can agree on. So we decided to buy two of these. Well we go to get them down in the warehouse, and they are out of them. So we went to IKEA looking to make some returns and look for desks, and we left with some photo boxes, and still having what needed to be returned. Grab some pizza and go home.

Monday at work I look at the availability of the computer armoires online and I see that they say they are in. I called IKEA, and they had five in. They set two aside for me and I plan on going to IKEA again. Sara and I decide to not have me go after work, because her parents were coming back from their weekend that evening and maybe she could get the van to carry the boxes in. Well we all know that the van makes me sick (Remember) So we set it up, where I leave for IKEA and I'll get everything bought and gotten and returned, while she goes to pick up the van. Well I do all that, make the returns, pick up a small cheapo table for the foyer, pay for it all, pick up the armoire, sit down to enjoy a $1 IKEA twisty frozen yogurt cone, and finish it right when she gets to the parking lot. So that's all taken care of. Got back home around 9, so I watched a touch of Raw, and called it a night.
Yesterday we had her sister over for dinner.
Tonight I'm going for a haircut and against my better judgement I'm going to get this. I know I should wait for the second generation of these, but the ensuing hour plus train rides are going to be a lot more enjoyable now.

2 Comments:

  • The waiting is tough. I so totally want to get a PS2, but I'm trying to wait for the new ones to come out, 'cause they're neat and come with the built in ethernet port. But it's tough, because I could totally use it for the downtime here. So I know how you feel. :)

    -Wacy

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:49 PM  

  • Yeah, I got it.

    By Blogger Maestroken, at 9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home