Tuesday Update.
OK, today's a touch less busy, so I can squeeze in a weekend update here. Sara was gone with her students and Dina to Memphis this weekend, so what results is bachelor pad weekend madness.
Friday I didn't feel to hot, so I skipped out on work. Spent the day getting all my tapes organized to get ready for burning them to DVD, and selling off what I don't want. Yep, I'm getting rid of most of my tapes. I'll convert most of what I want to keep (pretty much ROH, IWA-MS, etc.) and get rid of the rest. Keeping those DVDs in a binder will take up a lot less room, and I should be able to keep everything I have on just the grey bookshelf in the computer room. I was going to go out to Live Band Karaoke, but I fell asleep on the couch watching the CZW Best of the Best 4 DVDs that I borrowed from Phil. I then woke up and watched the first half of CZW Tournament of Death 3. Somewhere in there I also reorganized all the wrestling on my computer.
Saturday I woke up and it was still snowing. We'd gotten about a foot plus overnight and it just kept going. I finally got all the old SBC Yahoo software off my computer so that my Comcast connection stops using it for my intramanent. It finally stopped around noon, and Joey came over to pick me up to begin a day of lucha. We went to Larry's house and hung out there watching an old PCW show with him and Rob, then it was off to the show. Roads were horrendous, and hadn't even came close to getting cleared. We eventually got into the city, and after a snow clearing assist by Joey, Rob, and I, Larry got the car parked in front of the bar we were meeting everyone else at before the show. The bar was the Green Eye, and I dug it because they played Flogging Molly the entire time we were there. Had a few Woodchucks to go with the Woodchuck I had had earlier in the day. Then it was off to brave the unshovelled sidewalks of Chicago to get to the Congress Theatre for some Lucha Libre action. Decent time had there, helped for me by the plethora of cans of Bud Light and Modelo partaken in, and a free Bud from the promoter. El Hijo Del Santo definitely has a presence, and it was cool to see him and he even busted out the Santo tope for us. Other than that the Presence of the lucha superstars was about all there was for wrestling action, since the locals weren't exactly the best, and the superstars mailed it in. Afterwards we try to hit up some Karaoke and a house party but they both seemed dead so we didn't. I did find out I need to get a bunch of Joey's MP3 Discs and steal songs off them, as well as Larry needs to make me one too, and Reel Big Fish's first album, since I don't have mine anymore, Jen/Jody :). Many many forgotten songs that need to be partaken in by me.
Sunday I decided the roads probably weren't going to be good yet, so I didn't leave the house again. I cleaned the garage. Got Larry's (and possibly Jesse's) media racks all put together. Took the DVD Recorder out of the bedroom and set it up in the computer room hooked to the DVD player and VCR for some DVD Recording action. Recorded an IWA master to see how the DVDs look at low quality. (not too good) And generally just putzed around the house and chatted on the intramanent.
Didn't do much, except the lucha show, but it was good to just chill at home and do nothing. Sara came back Monday and it's good to have her back too
Friday I didn't feel to hot, so I skipped out on work. Spent the day getting all my tapes organized to get ready for burning them to DVD, and selling off what I don't want. Yep, I'm getting rid of most of my tapes. I'll convert most of what I want to keep (pretty much ROH, IWA-MS, etc.) and get rid of the rest. Keeping those DVDs in a binder will take up a lot less room, and I should be able to keep everything I have on just the grey bookshelf in the computer room. I was going to go out to Live Band Karaoke, but I fell asleep on the couch watching the CZW Best of the Best 4 DVDs that I borrowed from Phil. I then woke up and watched the first half of CZW Tournament of Death 3. Somewhere in there I also reorganized all the wrestling on my computer.
Saturday I woke up and it was still snowing. We'd gotten about a foot plus overnight and it just kept going. I finally got all the old SBC Yahoo software off my computer so that my Comcast connection stops using it for my intramanent. It finally stopped around noon, and Joey came over to pick me up to begin a day of lucha. We went to Larry's house and hung out there watching an old PCW show with him and Rob, then it was off to the show. Roads were horrendous, and hadn't even came close to getting cleared. We eventually got into the city, and after a snow clearing assist by Joey, Rob, and I, Larry got the car parked in front of the bar we were meeting everyone else at before the show. The bar was the Green Eye, and I dug it because they played Flogging Molly the entire time we were there. Had a few Woodchucks to go with the Woodchuck I had had earlier in the day. Then it was off to brave the unshovelled sidewalks of Chicago to get to the Congress Theatre for some Lucha Libre action. Decent time had there, helped for me by the plethora of cans of Bud Light and Modelo partaken in, and a free Bud from the promoter. El Hijo Del Santo definitely has a presence, and it was cool to see him and he even busted out the Santo tope for us. Other than that the Presence of the lucha superstars was about all there was for wrestling action, since the locals weren't exactly the best, and the superstars mailed it in. Afterwards we try to hit up some Karaoke and a house party but they both seemed dead so we didn't. I did find out I need to get a bunch of Joey's MP3 Discs and steal songs off them, as well as Larry needs to make me one too, and Reel Big Fish's first album, since I don't have mine anymore, Jen/Jody :). Many many forgotten songs that need to be partaken in by me.
Sunday I decided the roads probably weren't going to be good yet, so I didn't leave the house again. I cleaned the garage. Got Larry's (and possibly Jesse's) media racks all put together. Took the DVD Recorder out of the bedroom and set it up in the computer room hooked to the DVD player and VCR for some DVD Recording action. Recorded an IWA master to see how the DVDs look at low quality. (not too good) And generally just putzed around the house and chatted on the intramanent.
Didn't do much, except the lucha show, but it was good to just chill at home and do nothing. Sara came back Monday and it's good to have her back too

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home