MaestroKen's Blog

Thursday, October 07, 2004

Moving: Phase IV

OK I live in a new house now, lets update shall we.

Last we seriously talked I was taking Thursday and Friday off for working on the house.

Thursday I painted all morning, then Dina came over and we finished painting a few hours before Sara got home from work, but we didn’t want to do anything in the rooms since the paint hadn’t dried, and we wanted to make sure Sara was OK with the painting before we finished up, so we sat around and watched 200 Cigarettes and started watching GO. I still have never seen all of that movie. Sara came home confirmed that the painting job was excellent. We put all the faceplates up, and took off the tape and such and the rooms were finished. We set up the bed in the bedroom, and we’re officially living in the place (I slept on the couch the night before) We went out for some Pizza at a local bar/restaurant type place. Good stuff there, and then back for some contact papering for Dina, and unpacking boxes for Sara and myself.

Friday was a lot of running around. Off to IHOP for a good nutritious breakfast (read: fatty ass eggs, pancakes, hashbrowns, and either pork chops or chicken fried chicken depending on whether you are me or Sara) Then to Target to look at things before meeting up with Dina at her storage place to decide whether we want to borrow her dresser or not. Sara and I are looking for a cheap long dresser. We decide Dina’s is a touch short, and not worth digging out of the back of her storage for. Then we go back to Target with Dina to pick up lots of bathroom items. Towel bar, some hooks, above toilet medicine cabinet, and tall standing cabinet. See all these are necessary because sadly there is no medicine cabinet behind the mirror. Eventually I may put one in, but, well you know how that goes. Another Home Depot run (I can’t even remember what for on this day) and it’s back to the house for more unpacking, and assembling and the such. That night Sara’s brother was having a performace with his band downtown, but I decided my time would be more useful at my house packing and gathering more items. So I do that, run by the office to grab my checkbook for the cable delivery the next day. Unload all that, and call it a night.

Saturday early Sara heads over to her brother’s place to trade in her Jeep for his big old pick up truck, while I wait around for the cable/internet guy. His window of arrival is 8am-noon. So I spend my time waiting for him by badly changing out the gold doorknobs for nickel ones. (these freaky people had gold trimmed everything, when both of us hate gold) He shows up at 11:57, and installs everything. I don’t check on it, and just leave after he does to go get ready for getting my stuff. So I grab some Gyros and head on out. I listen to the Purdue game in the truck as we (her in her parents van) head to my house to get stuff. We get everything we can pretty much except the hanging clothes and then head over to my storage place. We ended up getting almost everything in one trip, and we head back to the new place, with myself enjoying the fourth quarter of the Purdue Routing of Notre Dame. (I still haven’t sat down and fully watched a Purdue game this year. Sadly the game I care most about (PU-WISC) will be on while I drive to the ROH show, so that one I won’t get to watch either. I will be watching some of the Penn State game this weekend though, I hope. After we got the vehicles unloaded with the help of her parents, (mainly because they needed their car back) we grabbed some Thai, and I grabbed my car while she returned the truck, and we met back at my place to get what all little bits were left to get (minus the hanging clothes) so everything was out of my place except the clothes.

Sunday after a Walmart run for cleaning supplies, and another Home Depot run, this time picking up some storage stackers for the we did lots of unpacking. Then after getting the entire kitchen done, we had our first meal in there. Pasta and Sauce. Cleaned up and decided since it was 9:00 we had time to grab our first grocery run of the new place so we did, put it all away, then went to bed.

Monday, was back to work, I woke up extra early to leave around six to see how traffic would be for my super huge commute into work. It was about and hour and five minutes at that early of a starting time. If I left at a more appropriate time I’m sure it would take longer, and I’ll be experimenting and finding out. I stopped at my place after work and got the first half of the two trip expedition of getting my hanging clothes. Then called the cable company to have them fix the cable, since we hardly had any of the channels we were supposed to have, and the guide wasn’t matching up to the few channels we were getting. So that was all fixed. Unpacked a bit, cooked some dinner and that’s about it.

Tuesday more little bits of unpacking, then we ran to salvation army to look for a sleeper sofa for the guest room, we found one we like for $100, then also ran to Best Buy to show Sara the TV I want to get. Then I got a chance to play with the cable a bit too, learned a touch about the OnDemand, and it looks awesome.

Wednesday more little bits of unpacking, and really played with the OnDemand. This is awesome. I can watch whatever I want, whenever basically. I watched the first half of the Spongebob that we watched the second half of the day before. We watched the last episode of What Not to Wear that we missed while out with no cable. This is awesome. This weekend I’ll see if it will have the football games available for watching, so if I miss Purdue games I can catch them that night. This is awesome. The only downfall is I didn’t notice that any broadcast networks have it available but it’s OK because there are Dr. Katz episodes available on Comedy Central, as well as little shorts. The whole thing is just AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME, and I still haven’t even played with it the whole way. Anything on HBO that month is available for watching. Watch the entire first season of Entourage in one sitting if you like. Watch 5 episodes of The Sopranos if you want. This RULES.

OK, tonight is more unpacking, and nothing else really. I take that back, I just remembered drinks with Dina tonight

Tomorrow night is the Flogging Molly concert of which we almost forgot about. Then hopefully over the weekend we can get everything unpacked.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home