Moving: Phase II
Phase II of the moving of Sara and I into the eventual new place happened this weekend. Phase I was getting most of my things into a storage facility, that happened a month ago. Phase II was this weekend.
Thursday was the cocktail party for faculty of Sara's school. It's a private school so it was a small affair, maybe 80 faculty and dates/spouses/fiances. It was upstairs of the Firehouse, an old firehouse turned into Bar/Restraunt. Decent time, got some free drinks, played some free pool, good stuff.
Friday I was sick with a cold, well Friday was the worst, I had it on Wednesday, and it's still bugging me today. So most of the day was spent playing online and watching wrestling tapes. Sara came over and we had some Chinese Buffet, then a quiet evening with 50 First Dates. We kept it calm and low key (not Low Ki'), because
Saturday we woke up early and packed up her apartment into Her brother's truck, her Dad's van, and her Mom's Cherokee and got everything out of her place. We unloaded everything at her parents, and she's now living with her parents until we close on the new place. Since I still have no car... (My car is in the shop since someone hit the side of it at some undetermined time, I've been taking the train to work and it's been highly enjoyable. Some time to myself and time with my GameBoy. It takes a touch longer but that's ok, it's getting me ready for when I'll probably be taking the train to work from the new place. Luckily I haven't had to do any walking in precipitation yet, because I hate that with a passion, we'll see how that goes, when it happens.)...I was dropped off at my house after it was done, so I didn't have to be brought back from Sara's house. And putzed around doing some cleaning around the house, and some Wrestling and Olympic watching.
Sunday helped Sara out with the final cleaning of her place. Then got taken to Ruby Tuesday for dinner as a thank you, and then I had her take me to the grocery store since I'm still carless for the vegetables for the week. She had to leave shortly thereafter since she would be grounded if she didn't get home in time for dinner. HAHA she lives with her parents. (It's OK I lived with my Mom for the three weeks between my lease ending and my condo being closed.)
Thursday was the cocktail party for faculty of Sara's school. It's a private school so it was a small affair, maybe 80 faculty and dates/spouses/fiances. It was upstairs of the Firehouse, an old firehouse turned into Bar/Restraunt. Decent time, got some free drinks, played some free pool, good stuff.
Friday I was sick with a cold, well Friday was the worst, I had it on Wednesday, and it's still bugging me today. So most of the day was spent playing online and watching wrestling tapes. Sara came over and we had some Chinese Buffet, then a quiet evening with 50 First Dates. We kept it calm and low key (not Low Ki'), because
Saturday we woke up early and packed up her apartment into Her brother's truck, her Dad's van, and her Mom's Cherokee and got everything out of her place. We unloaded everything at her parents, and she's now living with her parents until we close on the new place. Since I still have no car... (My car is in the shop since someone hit the side of it at some undetermined time, I've been taking the train to work and it's been highly enjoyable. Some time to myself and time with my GameBoy. It takes a touch longer but that's ok, it's getting me ready for when I'll probably be taking the train to work from the new place. Luckily I haven't had to do any walking in precipitation yet, because I hate that with a passion, we'll see how that goes, when it happens.)...I was dropped off at my house after it was done, so I didn't have to be brought back from Sara's house. And putzed around doing some cleaning around the house, and some Wrestling and Olympic watching.
Sunday helped Sara out with the final cleaning of her place. Then got taken to Ruby Tuesday for dinner as a thank you, and then I had her take me to the grocery store since I'm still carless for the vegetables for the week. She had to leave shortly thereafter since she would be grounded if she didn't get home in time for dinner. HAHA she lives with her parents. (It's OK I lived with my Mom for the three weeks between my lease ending and my condo being closed.)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home