MaestroKen's Blog

Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Well now that it's Wednesday I suppose I can do the weekend post now can't I.

Friday. After work go look at two townhouses. First one is in Deerfield and it is awesome. Newly applianced kitchen, living room, and half bath on first floor direct access to one car garage with lots of guest parking just beyond that. Two bedrooms and full bath upstairs and semi-finished basement with bar and HUGE utility room. Lots of closets awesome awesome awesome. ONly problem is that with association fees being high (access to 3 pools on complex one indoors) plus the mortgage we'd probably be killing ourselves to pay for it. We could, but it'd be hard. Next we go see something that is 3 blocks from where I live now, and it's a totally different world over there. Definitely good block, bad block. My block isn't bad at all. Turn the corner from this place it's gorgeous. But this place was SKETCHY. Get inside and it's HUGE AND HUGE, and quite HUGE. But it's already been written off by location. Don't need to live somewhere where we don't want to park the car. Afterwards we go to Nevin's to meet up with Katie who is in town from San Francisco. Had some drinks there, travelled to the Mark, had some drinks there, and then call it a night. Good times as always was had with Katie. Ran into Eduardo at The Mark. He was DRUNK beyond belief. He hit on all four ladies at the table excessively, and quite inappropriately most of the time. So that kinda brought the night down a bit, but at least the girls were somewhat good natured about it.

Saturday we headed out to Sara's parents house to spend the last hour we could with Mikkle. He was put down soon thereafter. Kinda sad as we all just kinda sat there, played with him, when he came by us, not really talking. After that Sara had to work for 30 minutes while Heather took the dog in, until the afternoon guy came to the pool. Then we drove back to my house, picked up my stuff and drove me to my car at the office. (I left it there, when riding out with Marcia, the realtor, from the office to the showings) Q101 was playing the Top 300 Party Songs (voted by the listeners, thus many a non-party type song being on there) all weekend. So after starting listening around 90ish on the ride from the pool, I enjoyed most of the day, including the drive down to my Dad's. Also once there, while mutedly watching the Cubs/Sox game inbetween them showing the Mets/Yankee's games during the rain delays. Then Dad needed to go shopping for items for the BBQ the next day. So I listened all the way there, and heard all the way up to #6. I was loving the hell out of the countdown and was kinda sad I didn't get to hear the top. They replayed the countdown 3 times over the weekend and never caught the top five. I wonder if they put it on the website. I was predicting:
#3 Fight for Your Right to Party
#2 Jump Around
#1 Blister in The Sun
Let's find out...

Here it is[edit] The direct link is being stupid, the main page of www.q101.com has a link to it currently, it probably won't soon. Go there if you want to see it [/edit]

I was close.

In case the link doesn't work [edit]it didn't[/edit] it ended up
#5 Offspring - Self Esteem
#4 Jump Around - House of Pain
#3 What I Got - Sublime
#2 Blister in the Sun - Violent Femmes
#1 Fight for Your Right to Party - Beastie Boys

Back to the happenings... After dropping $140 at the grocery store, Dad and I came back home, ran out for some Mexican. Then settled in to enjoy the UFC greatest hits DVD from Netflix. Then off to bed while watching IWA-MS's Charity 6 hour show from last years Fourth of July.

Sunday was the party at my Dad's house. Lots and lots of food was cooked. Pork Chops, Ribs, Hot Dogs, Burgers, Chicken, Brats, Italian Sausage, Kieblasa, Apple Sausage, Corn. And that's just what was off the grill. Not to mention sides, and desserts and chips and such. Mom couldn't come until later since she had to work. Decent times, outside of family nobody that interesting. Then off to watch the fireworks. Once again since this is Roselawn it was Hillbilly Heaven. Mullets, bad tattoos, 11 year old skanks galore. Decent fireworks show, I don't know how such a small little American Legion affords putting on a 45 minute fireworks display but they do it every year. Afterwards my Brother in Law's Drunk ass cousins come over and they and the kids blow off more fireworks. Yippee (That's dripping with sarcasm) After a giant professional fireworks display let's blow off a bunch of inferior crap done by pre-teens with people that can't stand supervising. Eh, noone got hurt, and Deanna made Smores, so I was happy.

Monday, get up and go have breakfast with Mom Dad and Aunt Ava and Uncle Gary. Then Pack up and head back to Chicago. Hung out with Sara for a bit, then she left to stay with her sister, so I watched the episode I missed of Celebrity Poker Showdown. Then RawChat.

Tuesday, usual Tuesday, watched IWA's Tag Tournament DVD "A Shot of Southern Comfort" until Sara came over, and we had dinner. Then I watched the World Series of Poker, while she watched Blowout, then Queer Eye. Now I'm at work not working. Huzzah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home