Some people make me not want to trade tapes anymore.
So back on 10/01/03 I decide to start a trade with this guy. Chris Sokol if you've ever read the Trader Feedback forum on Crazy Max you've heard how incredibly slow this guy is. He hadn't had this reputation yet when I started with him. But let's just say I finally got some tapes from today. But that means nothing until you hear the whole story. In super fun timeline form. (Hey JayGo started it:))
10/01/03 Myself and Chris Sokol aka. WrestlingTapes aka CJS137 talk about doing a trade.
10/03/03 We end up deciding on a 6 for 6 deal, he got six tapes (of which I kindly put a couple different events on some of, because I'm a nice guy) The six I'm supposed to be getting are all ROH events: 10/05/02, 03/15/03, 03/22/03, 04/26/03, 05/17/03, 05/31/03
10/09/03 I sent my side of the trade, a little bit slow on my part, but I apologize and move on.
11/13/03 He still hasn't sent but gives me a (the first of many) guarantee it will go out within the week. He said I'd get an Edge & Christian comp for my troubles
12/18/03 Upon seeing that he was clearancing some things on the Crazy Max boards I asked him if I could nab the Bull Pain shoot he was offering as a consolation for my having waited a long long time. He says yes.
03/05/04 After regular tri-weekly status checks, he says he'll throw in a few more free things for my trouble. The odd thing I'm noticing is unlike most bad traders (Including another one I also started a trade with on the same 10/01/03, and have heard nothing since. FUCK YOU POOTANGREX!!!) this guy is actually responding to the emails and is being cordial, and realizing his mistakes. People are calling him out on the Crazy Max boards for taking too long, and he recognizes he took on to many trades at once and will hook everyone he owes up with their tapes and extras.
04/26/04 I found out he never had the tapes he was trading me for, and that he was trading based on the fact he was supposed to get those tapes and they never came. So he's got some trades lined up to get these tapes (great more multigenerational copies, nothing like eighth-gen
)
06/17/04 Seeing he's having another Clearance Sale, while I still haven't gotten my stuff yet, I ask that he throw in either one of these two tapes from that sale ECW Night of the Unusual Matches 02/IWA-MS Simply the Best 4 or RCW 06/07/03 Solitude. He says yes.
07/09/04 Said he threw some extra stuff in the box for me.
So as of today, before the mail came this is what I was owed:
ROH 10/05/02
ROH 03/15/03
ROH 03/22/03
ROH 04/26/03
ROH 05/17/03
ROH 05/31/03
Edge & Christian Comp
Bull Pain Shoot
Some unnamed extra stuff for Free.
ECWA Night of Unusual Matches 02/IWA-MS Simply the best 4 OR RCW 06/07/03 Solitude.
Some More unnamed extra stuff for Free.
I got the big box today, there was 5 tapes in it, these tapes are:
ROH 11/16/02
ROH 03/22/03
ROH 04/12/03
ROH 05/31/03
ROH 06/28/03
So what of did I get that I was supposed to get originally 2, two, TWO,
TWO FUCKING TAPES.
Thanks for making me wait 9 months for this, jackass.
10/01/03 Myself and Chris Sokol aka. WrestlingTapes aka CJS137 talk about doing a trade.
10/03/03 We end up deciding on a 6 for 6 deal, he got six tapes (of which I kindly put a couple different events on some of, because I'm a nice guy) The six I'm supposed to be getting are all ROH events: 10/05/02, 03/15/03, 03/22/03, 04/26/03, 05/17/03, 05/31/03
10/09/03 I sent my side of the trade, a little bit slow on my part, but I apologize and move on.
11/13/03 He still hasn't sent but gives me a (the first of many) guarantee it will go out within the week. He said I'd get an Edge & Christian comp for my troubles
12/18/03 Upon seeing that he was clearancing some things on the Crazy Max boards I asked him if I could nab the Bull Pain shoot he was offering as a consolation for my having waited a long long time. He says yes.
03/05/04 After regular tri-weekly status checks, he says he'll throw in a few more free things for my trouble. The odd thing I'm noticing is unlike most bad traders (Including another one I also started a trade with on the same 10/01/03, and have heard nothing since. FUCK YOU POOTANGREX!!!) this guy is actually responding to the emails and is being cordial, and realizing his mistakes. People are calling him out on the Crazy Max boards for taking too long, and he recognizes he took on to many trades at once and will hook everyone he owes up with their tapes and extras.
04/26/04 I found out he never had the tapes he was trading me for, and that he was trading based on the fact he was supposed to get those tapes and they never came. So he's got some trades lined up to get these tapes (great more multigenerational copies, nothing like eighth-gen
06/17/04 Seeing he's having another Clearance Sale, while I still haven't gotten my stuff yet, I ask that he throw in either one of these two tapes from that sale ECW Night of the Unusual Matches 02/IWA-MS Simply the Best 4 or RCW 06/07/03 Solitude. He says yes.
07/09/04 Said he threw some extra stuff in the box for me.
So as of today, before the mail came this is what I was owed:
ROH 10/05/02
ROH 03/15/03
ROH 03/22/03
ROH 04/26/03
ROH 05/17/03
ROH 05/31/03
Edge & Christian Comp
Bull Pain Shoot
Some unnamed extra stuff for Free.
ECWA Night of Unusual Matches 02/IWA-MS Simply the best 4 OR RCW 06/07/03 Solitude.
Some More unnamed extra stuff for Free.
I got the big box today, there was 5 tapes in it, these tapes are:
ROH 11/16/02
ROH 03/22/03
ROH 04/12/03
ROH 05/31/03
ROH 06/28/03
So what of did I get that I was supposed to get originally 2, two, TWO,
TWO FUCKING TAPES.
Thanks for making me wait 9 months for this, jackass.

3 Comments:
Eh, I emailed him and apparently there's more than one box, so I'm giving more leeway, I mean I gave 9 months worth, what's a couple more weeks.
By
Maestroken, at 8:43 PM
Yeah, I'm kinda hesitant on sending this guy named Ken some money for some tapes. I've never dealed with him before, so I don't know how good he is
By
Chris, at 10:09 PM
Always do a trader check.
Always.
Seriously ITVR people are the only people i trade with via mail anymore.
I don't actively seek out trades anymore.
Most anything I want I can get from the newer traders that have much more youth and gusto than me to search out and get the new ROH stuff. Then I trade my older-more-well-established stuff for it at the IWA shows.
I usually come home from every IWA show with like 14 tapes in trades and 2 or 3 that I bought there.
Ken-28 and an old man.
By
Maestroken, at 8:04 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home