Got any Bacon?
Friday: Sara's college friends E & Josh are in town from Seattle this weekend, so fun activities are sure to ensue. Meet them at Nevin's for some burgers and beers, and then aroud ten decide we're going to head over to Sara's (they're staying there Fri & Sat nights) So Sara takes them and their luggage to her house, while Dina and I meet at my house, for me to grab some clothes and drop off my car, then buy some Tequila and Margarita mix and some beer. We play some Skip Bo and stay up drinking and chatting until the wee hours of the morn. Really good time. Poor Josh really wanted to get to IHOP, but we were all too drunk to take him, and noone else wanted to walk there (it's a ways).
Saturday wake up kinda early and get my shower in, and lounge on the couch until everyone gets situated and we head to Le Peep for breakfast. Josh finally gets the bacon he's been wanting sinve the night before. Then we head out to Arlington Racetrack to enjoy the ponies. More fun, and much sunburning was had here. I pulled a big old goose egg on the betting until I hit the late daily double (get the winners of the last two races right on one bet) and that paid a whopping 4-1 Yippie! so I ended up down on the day. The worst was in one race, Josh and I both had the same horse to win. Once the gate opened the horse never left, and just stood there. Much fun was had even though I think only Josh's friend Steve's gal came out ahead. Went out to eat at RAM??? some microbrewery dinner place. Standard overpriced dinner place. Then we went bowling. Well everyone except Sara, she didn't want to. We were meeting a bunch of E's friends there so there was much bowling partaken in. I did terribly. I don't think I got a strike all night, and I only had like 3 spares total in all three games, I seriously was getting 8s and 9s left and right, but it just wasn't gonna let me get all ten down. Then once we'd bowled enough, and E's friends had just gotten there, Sara, Josh, and I headed into the bar where it was apparently karaoke night. It was an odd batch in there, there was lots of early 30s aged men, dressed to look like Good Charlotte, and the random old man barback, that sang an old country song. Lots of Godsmack and Blink 182 I'm sure was sang that night. The clincher of the wierdest karaoake night ever award was won, when everyone requested this one guy to do, in full Eric Cartman of SouthPark style, all of Sailing. They guy sounded exactly like him, but the entire song it got old. Unfortunately they didn't have Kyper by Tic Tac Toe, so I didn't do any (that Rapper's Delight and The Bad Touch are the only songs I've ever done Karaoke to.) Get dropped off at my house, since Nifer didn't want me sleeping in her room, and crashed.
Sunday slept in pretty good until Sara came over. Went to Carmen's for Lunch (mmm yum Dill Salad Dressing), then watched Calender Girls. It was actually pretty good. Sara took off to have dinner with Dina and her parents for D's birthday. and I partook in PPVchat with the ITVR guys. Really fun weekend. Tuesday is D's real birthday so we'll be doing something for that, and hopefully check out a few more houses this week.
Saturday wake up kinda early and get my shower in, and lounge on the couch until everyone gets situated and we head to Le Peep for breakfast. Josh finally gets the bacon he's been wanting sinve the night before. Then we head out to Arlington Racetrack to enjoy the ponies. More fun, and much sunburning was had here. I pulled a big old goose egg on the betting until I hit the late daily double (get the winners of the last two races right on one bet) and that paid a whopping 4-1 Yippie! so I ended up down on the day. The worst was in one race, Josh and I both had the same horse to win. Once the gate opened the horse never left, and just stood there. Much fun was had even though I think only Josh's friend Steve's gal came out ahead. Went out to eat at RAM??? some microbrewery dinner place. Standard overpriced dinner place. Then we went bowling. Well everyone except Sara, she didn't want to. We were meeting a bunch of E's friends there so there was much bowling partaken in. I did terribly. I don't think I got a strike all night, and I only had like 3 spares total in all three games, I seriously was getting 8s and 9s left and right, but it just wasn't gonna let me get all ten down. Then once we'd bowled enough, and E's friends had just gotten there, Sara, Josh, and I headed into the bar where it was apparently karaoke night. It was an odd batch in there, there was lots of early 30s aged men, dressed to look like Good Charlotte, and the random old man barback, that sang an old country song. Lots of Godsmack and Blink 182 I'm sure was sang that night. The clincher of the wierdest karaoake night ever award was won, when everyone requested this one guy to do, in full Eric Cartman of SouthPark style, all of Sailing. They guy sounded exactly like him, but the entire song it got old. Unfortunately they didn't have Kyper by Tic Tac Toe, so I didn't do any (that Rapper's Delight and The Bad Touch are the only songs I've ever done Karaoke to.) Get dropped off at my house, since Nifer didn't want me sleeping in her room, and crashed.
Sunday slept in pretty good until Sara came over. Went to Carmen's for Lunch (mmm yum Dill Salad Dressing), then watched Calender Girls. It was actually pretty good. Sara took off to have dinner with Dina and her parents for D's birthday. and I partook in PPVchat with the ITVR guys. Really fun weekend. Tuesday is D's real birthday so we'll be doing something for that, and hopefully check out a few more houses this week.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home