Well this was a long time coming.
(Side note why is blogger being stupid about logging in lately?)
The post about the weekend is a little late. Add on to that the fact that it was a long 4-day weekend. ANd this is probably not going to be too detailed.
Friday, got home from work, and pack up and get ready to head to Dad's house. Sara comes home and we ponder taking her Jeep, for a little top down action this weekend, but then remember I'm going to check out my brakes while at Dad's so we take my car. Rather uneventful, and Dad's asleep when we get there so we retire to the bedroom to watch What Not To Wear, and then watch Prom Date on MTV. That Prom Date show took place in Merrillville, Indiana, which is half an hour from where I grew up. That's kinda cool.
Saturday, wake up and head out to Crazy D's for a little breakfast and then head out to said Merrillville because I'm supposed to meet someone out there for a tape trade, so we run out there for a little Indidana shopping action. We head to the mall, since it's a good central location, and putz around until he calls. He calls and we agree to meet at Old Navy, so I picked up some flipflops, and wait for him. I recognize him and it's all good and I'm relieved. (He recognized my picture on my site from IWA shows, so I was hoping it wasn't one of the annoying guys from the show, and he wasn't one of them.) Then Sara decides we should look at furniture mainly chairs for my kitchen table, and a sectional. We hit all the furniture stores, and almost buy a not quite futon/not quite sofabed from Value City Furniture's Memorial Day Tent Sale, the only reason we didn't was because it was sold already. Grab Dinner at Pepe's (Why do I still occasionally go there? So Gross.) And head home to chill with Dad. While waiting for him to get home from work I take off the front tires to my car, so I can check the brakes on my car, they're almost gone so now I know that. Hang out with him on the front porch drinking some beers/ciders/Mike's for a bit, until he's ready for bed. Then Sara and I watch The Cooler. During this time I also was missing the only IWA show I've missed in Highland. I had to pick one of the two shows to go to, back before most of the matches were picked. I picked the Sunday show on the slight thought that there might be a Punk/Hero match. I recently read a Punk Interview that said that was the original plan, which would have been good guessing on my part, but instead I missed THE MOMENT during the Joe/Hero match. Eh, I made my bed I'll lie in it.
Sunday Take Sara back to my house. Not without first stopping at Value City's Memorial Day Tent Sale to see if they have more of those futon/couch/bed things we wanted, and they didn't. Then stopping at Auto Zone to get brakes for me and Wipers for her Wrangler. During this time it starts downpouring now. Fearing the worst for traffic, I decide to get my gas now, and good thing too. The rain was possibly the hardest and densest I've ever driven in, and I thought that had happened to me on the Thursday of my birthday week. Once into Illinois and 94 separated from 80, it was better, to the point where the sun was almost out by the time we stopped in Evanston for lunch. We get to my house, and she starts napping while I just sit around giddy, waiting for the time to come to head to the IWA show. It's sunny and done raining by then. I head out to the show, and as per usual I'm there early. Good thing I brought the new Observer to read. It was hard to not be a fanboy and watch all the wrestlers show up for the show while sitting in my car. I think I may have seen Delirious sans mask. Be the gimmick maaaaan. Put the mask on 5 minutes from the venue Super Dragon style. Phil and Libby showed up and we headed off to Pizza Hut for dinner. Phil brought me the Chikara Kids Eat Free... tape for my birthday, very kind of him. The Pizza Hut has a tv playing Cinderella while we are there so dinner was fun. Then on to the show. Ladies tourney was good, Lacey was great, Mickie was good, Mercedes impressed, Jimmy Jacobs rocked the dope suit. Daizee continues to show me more each time. The Southern tag was incredibly awesome and the six man is awesome as everyone is saying it was. After the show head to Dad's house and Mom is there in preparation for the party the next day. And I finish the Observer and go to bed.
Monday: Dad thinks today is the day we're celebrating His, My Sister's, and my birthday, as well as his retirement. Little did he know we invited a bunch of his friends over and it was just for him. The party was kinda blah for me, since it was all people Dad knows, but I'm glad he had it. Itwas kinda short. Everyone was gone by 6:00. After they left Dad took me to the sandbox for a drink. Then as he went to bed, I decided to watch the IWA April Bloodshowers tape I bought at the show, not realizing it was Monday and Raw was on, oh well.
Tuesday. Dad wants to go up to Merrillville with me to buy me a present. He thought I still wanted the new glucose meter. Somehow Lynda hornswaggled her and the kids coming up to, so they could get groceries, apparently her car is broke. So we head to Super Walmart where Dad finds out that I don't want the Glucose meter, so I start a cart and decide he'll just get me some groceries instead, he was down with that. Afterwards I load up the car and head back home. I putz around the internet reading about the shows of the weekend, and for some reason couldn't get into eternachat even with restarting AIM. I wait for Sara to get home to watch the third LOTR movie. I didn't know she had seen it already, so I skipped watching it with Lynda on Monday for no reason, oh well, then watch Queer Eye, and unfortunately it was back to work for Wednesday. Getting a haircut tonight, and then it's on to the ten year reunion this weekend.
The post about the weekend is a little late. Add on to that the fact that it was a long 4-day weekend. ANd this is probably not going to be too detailed.
Friday, got home from work, and pack up and get ready to head to Dad's house. Sara comes home and we ponder taking her Jeep, for a little top down action this weekend, but then remember I'm going to check out my brakes while at Dad's so we take my car. Rather uneventful, and Dad's asleep when we get there so we retire to the bedroom to watch What Not To Wear, and then watch Prom Date on MTV. That Prom Date show took place in Merrillville, Indiana, which is half an hour from where I grew up. That's kinda cool.
Saturday, wake up and head out to Crazy D's for a little breakfast and then head out to said Merrillville because I'm supposed to meet someone out there for a tape trade, so we run out there for a little Indidana shopping action. We head to the mall, since it's a good central location, and putz around until he calls. He calls and we agree to meet at Old Navy, so I picked up some flipflops, and wait for him. I recognize him and it's all good and I'm relieved. (He recognized my picture on my site from IWA shows, so I was hoping it wasn't one of the annoying guys from the show, and he wasn't one of them.) Then Sara decides we should look at furniture mainly chairs for my kitchen table, and a sectional. We hit all the furniture stores, and almost buy a not quite futon/not quite sofabed from Value City Furniture's Memorial Day Tent Sale, the only reason we didn't was because it was sold already. Grab Dinner at Pepe's (Why do I still occasionally go there? So Gross.) And head home to chill with Dad. While waiting for him to get home from work I take off the front tires to my car, so I can check the brakes on my car, they're almost gone so now I know that. Hang out with him on the front porch drinking some beers/ciders/Mike's for a bit, until he's ready for bed. Then Sara and I watch The Cooler. During this time I also was missing the only IWA show I've missed in Highland. I had to pick one of the two shows to go to, back before most of the matches were picked. I picked the Sunday show on the slight thought that there might be a Punk/Hero match. I recently read a Punk Interview that said that was the original plan, which would have been good guessing on my part, but instead I missed THE MOMENT during the Joe/Hero match. Eh, I made my bed I'll lie in it.
Sunday Take Sara back to my house. Not without first stopping at Value City's Memorial Day Tent Sale to see if they have more of those futon/couch/bed things we wanted, and they didn't. Then stopping at Auto Zone to get brakes for me and Wipers for her Wrangler. During this time it starts downpouring now. Fearing the worst for traffic, I decide to get my gas now, and good thing too. The rain was possibly the hardest and densest I've ever driven in, and I thought that had happened to me on the Thursday of my birthday week. Once into Illinois and 94 separated from 80, it was better, to the point where the sun was almost out by the time we stopped in Evanston for lunch. We get to my house, and she starts napping while I just sit around giddy, waiting for the time to come to head to the IWA show. It's sunny and done raining by then. I head out to the show, and as per usual I'm there early. Good thing I brought the new Observer to read. It was hard to not be a fanboy and watch all the wrestlers show up for the show while sitting in my car. I think I may have seen Delirious sans mask. Be the gimmick maaaaan. Put the mask on 5 minutes from the venue Super Dragon style. Phil and Libby showed up and we headed off to Pizza Hut for dinner. Phil brought me the Chikara Kids Eat Free... tape for my birthday, very kind of him. The Pizza Hut has a tv playing Cinderella while we are there so dinner was fun. Then on to the show. Ladies tourney was good, Lacey was great, Mickie was good, Mercedes impressed, Jimmy Jacobs rocked the dope suit. Daizee continues to show me more each time. The Southern tag was incredibly awesome and the six man is awesome as everyone is saying it was. After the show head to Dad's house and Mom is there in preparation for the party the next day. And I finish the Observer and go to bed.
Monday: Dad thinks today is the day we're celebrating His, My Sister's, and my birthday, as well as his retirement. Little did he know we invited a bunch of his friends over and it was just for him. The party was kinda blah for me, since it was all people Dad knows, but I'm glad he had it. Itwas kinda short. Everyone was gone by 6:00. After they left Dad took me to the sandbox for a drink. Then as he went to bed, I decided to watch the IWA April Bloodshowers tape I bought at the show, not realizing it was Monday and Raw was on, oh well.
Tuesday. Dad wants to go up to Merrillville with me to buy me a present. He thought I still wanted the new glucose meter. Somehow Lynda hornswaggled her and the kids coming up to, so they could get groceries, apparently her car is broke. So we head to Super Walmart where Dad finds out that I don't want the Glucose meter, so I start a cart and decide he'll just get me some groceries instead, he was down with that. Afterwards I load up the car and head back home. I putz around the internet reading about the shows of the weekend, and for some reason couldn't get into eternachat even with restarting AIM. I wait for Sara to get home to watch the third LOTR movie. I didn't know she had seen it already, so I skipped watching it with Lynda on Monday for no reason, oh well, then watch Queer Eye, and unfortunately it was back to work for Wednesday. Getting a haircut tonight, and then it's on to the ten year reunion this weekend.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home