MaestroKen's Blog

Monday, June 28, 2004

Dad came but I still got to do some stuff.

Thursday: After work I drive out to Elgin to my mom's house Dad is there, and I'm picking him up from there to bring him to my house for some repairs over the weekend. I get there and he's done working on Mom's toilet so we go out to Applebees for some dinner of which I picked up the bill and proclaimed as his birthday dinner. We decide to leave in the morning since Dad is tired (and I was doing lots of laundry) Mom and I stayed up really late playing poker and listening to Mitch Hedburg and Steven Wright CDs.

Friday: Take Dad to my house, along the way picking up food and drinks for him to enjoy while he was over. Then we get to working on some of the things we were going to do. We got wood filler and putty put up into all the cabinets. We also got started on the replacement of the faucet for a working diverter valve in the shower. That went great, but somewhere along the way a leak formed in the cartridge inside the on/off/hot/cold knob of the shower. So we tried and tried to take out the old cartridge that was rusted and corroded and stuck in there. After multiple applications of CLR the cartridge it still wasn't coming out and we gave up and decided to just keep applying CLR as often as possible between then and the next day. So even with that part leaking we were able to get showers in (everything worked except there was also the leak) and headed out for some Thai buffet with Sara, as I got that one for his Father's Day dinner.

Saturday: Fiddled and putzed around with getting the cartridge out. Put the cabinet doors back on. Then finally I got the cartridge out. Got that replaced and all was good in the world. So 5-6 trips to Home Depot and Lowes. And almost everything on the list has been taken care of, except closet doors. We decided inside a condo isn't the best place for staining so Dad's picking those up by his house and staining and urathaning (Yeah I know how to spell that kinda stuff HA) Took Dad back to Elgin. Unfortunately later than we thought, so Sara didn't get to have dinner with my parents, as Mom was already in bed.

Sunday: Since we got Dad back to Elgin in time (unfortunately his phone decided to stay in my car, I was able to go to the Pride Parade. Wasn't as fun as past years. We were pretty much at the end of the parade route. Diversy and Broadway. So most vendors were out of their goodies, although I did get five magnets. YAY for Magnets, my fridge loves them. After the parade, we walked around a bit, and didn't go to any bars or anything which was a touch sad, we saw the impending rain, and got on a train up to Keith and Mike's house. It never did rain though. We grilled up some burgers and hot dogs. Sara and Heather had a few Vodka Lemonades. I had a headache and was pretty sore from a good hardworking/playing weekend, so I just kicked back and relaxed and enjoyed the afternoon. It was really calm and nice. Then went with Sara to meet up with Dina and a friend of theirs from school at Nevin's. I was dead tired to the world though, and really just kinda sat there too.

Monday: Back to work for my first full week of work in 4 weeks due to taking Friday off, and having doctors appointments the prior two weeks. Good thing next week's a four day workweek. I might not be able to handle it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home