MaestroKen's Blog

Tuesday, May 11, 2004

The weekend was three days long.

Friday I skipped work due to a tummy problem, so I spent most of the day eternachatting and watching the ROH Second Anniversary tapes. Once Sara got off work we went to Nevin's for a drink, then to Lou Malnotti's for a pizza. We ran by the liquor store to pick up some beer and cider and headed home to watch Party Monster. Good movie, Ricky Vasquez as Superstar DJ Keoki was kind of odd, but MacCulley and Seth Green were good choices.

Saturday ran out to Bath & Body Works because Sara had a coupon, but I ended up buying soap, and she got the free thing. Then I bought more shaving cream at Marshall Fields. (For those that don't I highly recommend brush applied shaving creams. Much nicer, and actually since you use less product via the brush, much cheaper than creams and gels.) Then we run to Jerry's Fruit & Vegetable market for groceries. Wow the cheapest grocery shopping ever. There isn't much in the way of meats and frozen due to it being mainly a F&V market, but generally there is most everything else. But the prices were phenominall. I rarely leave the grocery store with less than $100.00 worth of stuff. Sara and I pretty much filled the cart, and she was at $30, and I was $25. I don't know if that is indicitive to my not buying boxed and frozen items as well or not. But if I find a place for cheap meats, I'm going to be all about fresh grocery shopping every week from now on. After that, I took off for the wrestling show. That'll be in a later post, once I write it (it won't be a super detailed one, just a small one.) After wrestling I head over to Sara's brother's house. He had a party that night. It mostly died down by the time I got there 1:30am or so. But Keith, Mike, Sara, Nifer (her roomie) and K&M's friend Lloyd were the only ones left/not leaving as I got there. So hung out with them for a touch. It was nice to see Nifer as I hadn't in a while, and Lloyd was fun. Mike was nearing the end of the night, as he had quite the bit to drink. But we hung out there for an hour or two and headed home.

Sunday Sara woke up at like 9:30am to take Sara home so she could head to her parents house for Mothers Day. I went on to my Mom's house after I dropped her off. I ran to Meijer after I got there and bought the makings for dinner and some flowers and a vase. Then settled back into Mom's house for laundry and watching IWA-MS 04/10/04 event that I picked up at the show the night prior. Good tape, I recommend it. Mom got home from work around 4pm and enjoyed the fancy salad, Marinated Chicken, Potatoes and Vegi's I made for her. Then we hung around for a bit. Then I came back home, and got home in time for Sopranos as Sara walks in 5 minutes later as the credits were beginning.

Nice weekend, next weekend is Madison so I assume tonight we'll figure out plans for that. Tonight since it's another Queer Eye Repeat, I'm not sure what we'll do. I'm sure it'll involve the salad making items I got at Jerry's. I also need to decide where to go for my Birthday dinner with Sara's siblings. And also if I want to do anything on my actual birthday, next Tuesday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home