MaestroKen's Blog

Wednesday, May 05, 2004

MP3 player at the office.

I was so excited about the $25 MP3 disc player I got at Wal-Mart. But i've come to find there's a bit of a learning curve, as well as I shouldn't always jump in feet first into everything.

The other day I decided to make a whole bunch of mp3 Discs of full albums to keep at work so I always have a good batch of music to listen to. Apparently the order you set them to be burned on the disc isn't necessarily the order they play off the disc. They go alphabetically/Numerically.

Since when I name the files I usually have the track number included in the file name, instead of a nice disc with 12 albums all in a row, I have a nice disc that plays all twelve Track #1, then all Track #2, etc. I do know that this MP3 player recognizes folders, so I believe that will be attempt #2 at bringing about 150 albums to work on 12 discs. Which isn't that bad if you want a big ole mix of music, but when it's a long flowing mix (Fatboy Slim, Other Live DJ sets, etc.) the tracks sound odd chopped up like that.

I will be smart enough to just make one trial disc using the individual folder per album method tonight, to make sure it works first, instead of diving in head first and making a bunch of discs. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home