MaestroKen's Blog

Wednesday, March 17, 2004

Whoopdie Doo

Much rambling, and incoherent thoughts that will have many loose pieces that don't connect will be here in this entry. Basically meaning it'll be a usual entry, but I still thought I should preface this. Plus what I'm doing for this post lends itself to these sort of unconnected thoughts that I'm preparing you, my dear readers, (all two of you) for.

So uhh yeah, I sit here and I am just going to write the random thoughts that come out of my fingers. Since most of my posts are long you should know by now that that is how I write anyway. I'm a very conversational writer, I write as how I talk, and yes I do speak in many parentheticals (since, as is obvious, if you read me, I use often (usually incorrectly).) Could this me forcing myself to do some content for my blog? Could this be that I don't want to do anything at work, and I've done all the bracketing I can...

Speaking of bracketing, I'm very terribly disinterested in the tournament this year. It could be the lack of Purdue, but probably not because I've had no hopes of them doing anything in said tourney for many years prior. My interest in sports (other than wrestling, and that has actually as well) has waned quite a bit in many years. The whole Cubs thing last year non-withstanding. Granted I'm not fairweather by any means, I'm diehard and bleed Blue and Red. But there's quite a bit to be said for the difference between being happy win you hear the Cubs win, like any season; and a season where next year actually could be there, and you are left dizzy, and paralyzed motionless on the couch, jaw agape, as this year is quickly becoming the same as any other year in the span of 11 innings (Starting with Alex Gonzalez' error, I still refuse to place the blame OFF the field with Bartman.)

Seriously why have I never shown any interest in finding a better job where I'd probably do less work at a better salary. I will say I'm probably doing pretty well compared to most 27 year olds, but I am in a rut so young. This is my first job out of college and I've been here 5 and a half years (and 14 days.) Within 4 months of being here I already held the highest position available here in this small company for accounting and have been stagnant ever since. There is much to be said for the fact that I'm at a place where I can wear Khakis and polos every day, can get away with spending the majority of my day on the internet (some days honestly doing nothing but), and I make salary plus overtime. But I haven't grown any here in at least 3 years, and it's been the same things perpetually since. My pay hasn't increased with my complete revamping of their accounting here, and the fact that everything is done correctly as opposed to being a complete and total guess work operation before. Plus the mortgage industry will be crashing dead some time soon, and I'd kind of not like to be a victim of it.

Yeah, my enthusiasm for wrestling is waning. I still Love Love Love going to IWA shows every month, and I'll continue to do so. I still continue to watch on Monday and Thursday nights, because it's there and it's free and I enjoy chatting with the ITVR guys. But going out and searching for good wrestling doesn't interest me anymore. If I know something is good and it's readily available, I'll still check it out, but no longer is the days where I'll trade for a bunch of tapes just to try something new out. No longer am I actively going to search for any trades actually. I'll still download stuff off the internet, and I'll still get stuff everyonce in a while (Like my IWA-MS Best of 2003 DVDs that came in today) But actively searching has become a non-entity for me. Basically unless it's something I really want to see, I'm not looking for trades, I'm letting them come to me. Speaking of which Orgy, if you read this, what were you looking to get.

Much like music. I used to be all about finding and enjoying new music. But my old man nature has allowed me to be settled in and I just stick to the stuff I dig now. I'm not actively searching for new stuff I like. If I come across something I enjoy, I'm not going to shut it out, but I have no desire to search for it.

Yeah, I'm going to end this now, because I haven't said anything yet and I'm probably not going to get anything said by continuing on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home