MaestroKen's Blog

Tuesday, March 30, 2004

Not just any weekend, we're talking 4-Day Bay-Bay.

So uh, yeah I skipped work on Friday, and did nothing but catch up on ROH tapes, continue the CD ripping project (I'm currently in the process of ripping all of my CDs onto my hard drive. It's taking a while because I have a lot of CDs. After three hours on Thursday and most of a workday of Friday, I've ripped up through LL Cool J, not counting ones that are out in the 60 pack I keep in my car) , and sit on my butt feeling sickly. Then Sara came over, she made some dinner and as we sat down to watch a movie we got a phone call to go out for some drinks. We were going out for drinks because Friday was the beginning of Sara and her roommate's Spring Breaks (They're both teachers but at different High Schools.) So we meet Nifer out for drinks and have two a piece and then go back home. (Early night because Nifer is leaving at 4:30am to fly to Florida) So we get home and watch Thirteen. It's a good movie for a 13 year old to have written, but just pretty average in the realm of movies.

Saturday Sara wakes up to go to Yoga and to clean up her house, I straighten up the house and rip some more CD's (up through N.E.R.D) Then it is off to my Dad's house. I bring a boat load of laundry. And I get all excited about sitting out on my Dad's deck, since the weather is awesome. Sara and I run out to Dollar General and to Fagen's for booze while Dad finishes his nap, and we wonder where Lynda & Chuck are with the girls. We come back and Dad joins us to hang out outside for the evening. We cook some Country Style Ribs on the grill for dinner and all is good.

Sunday Dad and I run to the store to pick up some supplies for me to make a big ole breakfast on a griddle my Dad has never used. Then more hanging out outside. This time Lynda & Chuck are over with my neices. Rachels all grown up and ornery now. She's talkative and goes whereever she wants now. Terrible Twos baby. Chuck helps Dad in his Garage finishing project. It's Sunday in Indiana so there are no liquor sales, and of course Dad never plans ahead, so I get sent to the Ill. State Line to by a case of beer since he forgot and the garage workers ran out of beers. (Just cause I hadn't drank any yet, I get stuck going, even though I planned ahead) Sara and I spend most of the rest of the day hanging with Deanna. Most of that consisting of making crayons in the Crayola Crayon Maker (Best. Toy. Ever. also the best idea ever for getting rid of tiny crayon leftovers and broken crayons) I ruin some hamburgers on the grill (don't ask, and only two were ruined.) Lynda get's sick so she takes Chuck and the girls and go home. 3 rounds of showers later, Dad, Sara, and I enjoy 2 episodes of Chapelle's Show and Dad falls asleep and starts snoring, so I run downstairs to get some Jewel boxes for the CD's that I know that MusicMatch won't know the tracklists for. And take them to Dad's computer room to start on Word to type them all out. Sara's a genius and remembers that Dad has a scanner (Why I don't know he doesn't even use the computer at all, he has email and doesn't check it, probably because his internet hookup is ghetto.) Then we notice it's not only a scanner and a printer, but also a copier. So I just copy the jewel cases that I'm sure I'll need tracklists from, and it was super fast and then it's off to bed.

Monday, we get up and pack up pretty early and head out of there and we're in Chicago right around noon. Sara runs home to shower up and get resettled back in, while I put away all my laundry and Dollar General stuff. She comes back over and Bring It On is on. I LOVE that movie so we watch it and eat some salads, while I keep ripping CDs (I'm up to Pet Shop Boys.) We then get invited to her sisters house for a "Hey it's nice out lets have a dinner" dinner. So I set the VCR for Raw, and we head up that way. Traffic as usual when going to her sister's during rush hour-y busy times is deceptively nice. It's always perfectly fine until you are 2-3 exits from her house, then it crawls from there on. And all the roads around the exits are crappy and crawly then too, so just when you've made great time, traffic flow dies and you ride the brake for a 20 minute mile. Dinner was Beef & Broccoli that was delightful with Mini Eggrolls to start, an Artichoke pre-appitizer, and Angel Food Cake with Strawberries and Whipped Cream for dessert, Delightful all of it.

RAW: We make it home in time to see Ric Flair prepping HHH for the Shelton Match. I'm afraid to watch the rest of the Raw tape, because there is no way anything is as good as that match was. Lots of people are relating it to Flair/Sting and I tend to agree. It was awesome and awesome, and it also had a touch of awesome. Triple H pinned cleanly in the center of the ring, again. OH HELL YEAH, Bring it on, It was fantastic and it was even made better by the fact that Sara watched it with me and didn't even seem to mind too much. Did I mention it was awesome awesome and awesome, well in case I haven't let me just say it was awesome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home