MaestroKen's Blog

Wednesday, March 24, 2004

Birthday talks.

Well as you know yesterday was Sara's birthday. So we start off the evening running to Evanston Liquors. The restaurant was BYOB so we were picking her up a bottle of wine. As we were there I noticed they, while having a much smaller beer selection, had a much larger cider and malt beverage (Smirnoffs, etc.) selection than Binny's. They had all 3 kinds of Cider Jack, All the Woodchucks, but the biggest find was the Ace Ciders. I've heard many great things of Ace Pear Cider, but have never found it. So I picked one up, warm (plus I don't know about bringing beer/cider into a fancy Italian restaurant) and it's waiting for me in my fridge. Heather & Nifer are going to be very excited to find out we have a place to get it. I'm not sure if they had Strongbow or not, so I don't know if I have a new place for ALL my cider needs or not yet.
The place we went to for dinner was very nice. It's pretty much right in front of my condo building. As we were walking over David Lulkin and his aunt came out and said they liked the place, and that they think we'd enjoy it. I had Pasta Proscutto (I never know how to spell that) and a Caprese Salad. Sara had Spinach Lasagne and a Tomato-Cucumber Salad and we also got Bruschetta. During dinner we had a first in-depth discussion about moving buying a place together in the fall. It had been hinted at and brought up as an option. Her lease is up this fall and she want's to buy. My condo isn't exactly a superstar place (20 x 30 box). We realize that we can get something better if we go together. But it's just a really scary, growing up, getting extremely serious thought. It all makes total sense, and is good from a financial aspect; except I realize that major major problems would arise if there was ever a break-up. It's all very sobering.
Then we came home and watched Queer Eye as per usual Tuesday night..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home